A Virtual Indie Author Assistant who Gets It
As a busy author and solopreneur myself, I know full well the demands on your time because I’ve lived it. I know the pain and frustration of being too busy with the seemingly endless tasks involved in publishing, marketing and promotion, and the minutiae of running a business to have time to do the thing you got into this business to do in the first place: write more books. I don’t need to sell you on the benefits of hiring a writing assistant.
Along with a firsthand understanding of the author life, I also bring to the table:
- Experience from a decade-long career as a corporate administrative assistant plus running my own generalized virtual assistant business
- Seven years of self publishing experience, during which I wrote and DIY-published 10 books
- Four years of experience as a traditionally-published author working with a mid-size publishing house
- Six years writing SEO-optimized business-to-consumer content and learning the ins and outs of content marketing
- A formally trained copy editor (via Mediabistro) with four years experience as a professional freelance editor
- An extensive background in graphic design and web development
Put all of that together and you’ve got the recipe for one heck of an amazing virtual author and publishing assistant. Chances are, if you need it done, you can hand it off to me and rest assured that I will get it done, with very little, if any, training required.
Whether you need help getting your manuscript ready to publish or submit, help handling the details of the self-publishing process, tracking submissions and queries if you’re trad-pub, help managing your platform, marketing and promoting your book, creating content for your platform, tracking sales, managing your e-mail and/or social media, etc., I can help you with that. Get in touch via the contact form below and let me know what kind of help you’re looking for.
Here’s just a small sampling of the sort of tasks you might hire me to do:
- Track sales / queries / submissions
- Copy editing and proofreading
- Website or blog maintenance
- Mailing list management
- E-mail management
- Social media management
- Ghost-writing blog posts and/or newsletters
- Editing podcast audio or YouTube videos
- Creating promotional and social media graphics
- Purchasing ISBNs
- Uploading your book files to publishing platforms and filling out metadata
- Amazon keyword research
- Market research
- Influencer outreach
My base rate for one-off work is $60 per hour. I typically work on a monthly retainer basis, and my virtual author assistant retainer packages are listed below. Retainers are payable up front and are non-refundable for unused hours, and unused hours do not roll over to the next month, so it’s best to start with a one-off project or a small retainer package until we develop a rhythm and see just how much time you actually need each month. You can always add on more time if you need it.
Virtual Author Assistant Retainer Packages
2.5 hours – $150/month
5 hours – $300/month
10 hours – $600/month
15 hours – $825/month (save $5/hour!)
20 hours – $1,000/month (Best buy – save $10/hour!)
Refer a Friend and get $25 Off!
If you’re happy with my work, be sure to tell your friends and colleagues about me — and be sure they tell me you sent them! If you refer someone who ends up becoming a client, you’ll get $25 off your next retainer purchase, and they’ll also receive $25 off their first retainer.
Contact Me to Get Started
Ready to find out how I can be a valuable member of your publishing team? Use the form below to tell me what you need or ask any questions you might have, and I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.